Van's RV-7A #71183.
Ordered QB kit 12/20/2002. Began work 5/2003.
N17HH assigned and registered. First flight 8/17/2006, Phase 2 October, 2006
NEW JUNE 13, 2022
THIS AIRPLANE HAS BEEN SOLD.
This aircraft has been used as the test platform in the development of an EAA article with accompanying spreadsheet and the 2010 presentation at Oshkosh.
How much more there is now to living! Instead of our drab slogging forth and back to the fishing boats, there's a reason to life! We can lift ourselves out of ignorance, we can find ourselves as creatures of excellence and intelligence and skill. We can be free! We can learn to fly! - J.L. Seagull
|Click pics for larger view |
This is the factory prototype
Picture ©Van's Aircraft, Inc.
| This is how it looked until recently. || This is how it looked until recently. || This is how it looks with the new 3 blade prop. |
| Performance: |
- WOT 75% 8700' density altitude 175 kts TAS, 2650 rpm.
- At 6300 DA (7500') 7.2 gph LOP (BSFC approx .40) 156 kts 21.8 MAP x 2340 RPM = 60% ((gph x 14.9)/180)
- Static: 2150+ rpm, Climb 2150+ rpm at 110 kts, >1500 ft/min below GW
- Light IFR and night VFR
- Grand Rapids EIS, dual GRT-EFIS, Garmin GPSMap496, SL30, GTX327, TruTrack DigiFlightIIG, ZAON XRX Traffic
- Tip-up canopy
- 180 HP Superior XP-360 Plus, FI (IO-360)
- Fixed pitch prop: Catto 3 blade
- Nose roller (the "A" model)
- Lift Reserve Indicator (non-electric)
- Nav, strobe and landing lights inside wingtip lens: Killacycle
- No steps, no external antenna except transponder and com
- James Aircraft plenum, cowling and wheel fairings
- Oregon Aero seat cushions
- FlightLine Interiors
- Sturgis Aviation paint (Sturgis, MI) (starts February '07, ended 5/7/07)
click on picture to enlarge
Status August 17, 2006: First two flights. RV Grin. Phase One has begun. October, 2006 - Phase one has ended! Painted 5/7/07.
You can write to me at
This site and all contents ©2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008, 2009 Tabitha Teri Industries, Inc.